Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills

Go down 
+4
Alyss Frey
Noxalyz
Miles Seiler
BriniaSona
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BriniaSona

BriniaSona

Rep. : 0
Nation : Drifter
Guild : Acadamy
Energy Type : Psionic. Kydarin Crystal

(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills Empty
PostSubject: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:59 pm

(Ive been doing this well over ten years now. But the last 3 site have hated me. I want anyone to come here and rp with me. While rping tell me what I am doing wring and mnake suggestions.

WAITT WAIT WAIT before you say. "Oh weve tried to help you" consider this. trying is different that demanding and telling me I am always disbeying rank. or abusing the chain of power.)

BriniaSona would arrive in this location aiming to combat someone and test himself out for the first time since comeing here.
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Knight of the Sunlit Kingdom
Miles Seiler

Rep. : 2
Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Guild : The Covenant
Energy Type : will, E.B.C.

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:03 am

(for the record this was my idea so dont blame general for this if you think it's a bad idea

btw one idea is to stop worrying about your characters dying. if they die so what? its a fictional character not your actual life. although imho it would be ok to be mad if a character died at most but to say that the attack doesn't work looking for reasons it doesn't kill you no matter how cheap they are that is a whole new low)
Back to top Go down
Noxalyz
Brawler of the Depths
Brawler of the Depths
Noxalyz

Nation : The Citadel Risen from the Depths
Guild : The Academy
Energy Type : Soul Energy, Plasma

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:05 am

(Its actually a good idea.. And while Miles gets credit for suggesting it, Brinia gets credit for going along with it. I'd do this with Nyctores, but I have to go.)
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Queen of the Sunlit Kingdom
Alyss Frey

Rep. : 6

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:58 am

Miles Seiler wrote:
(btw one idea is to stop worrying about your characters dying. if they die so what? its a fictional character not your actual life.)

I'm voting up for that one.

Really though, not everyone is going to have a perfect game. If Alyss died, I could just use the rest of my...like.53890483 characters I have on here. You wanna know why that's acceptable to everyone? Because Alyss is not Tatsui, Alyss is also not Lin or Cassius or Airika. She's not even remotely like them. Hell, Linnea can't even attack on her own, she's so weak and she ended up being only a healer; but somehow she got to be guild leader. The only reasoning I can think of this is because I roleplayed her to be a fair character. If you didn't notice, the elections for the guilds were not based on power...they were based on how well a character and that roleplayer can judge situations.

So, you know the problem with your characters, General? I'm trying to help here, not ridicule you...but, save William, all of them are the same. The only thing is that they have different names. But they have nearly the same characterization, BriniaSona I expect will have similiar moves with nearly the same skill effects as the General, aka not toned down, not at his rank, not anything of that sense at all. It's not whether you even tone down your skills, it's the very NATURE of your skills, the ability to do some of those very skills is just outright not even allowed. Everytime I see another one of your characters, old or new, I just see another General, just a fragment of him. It's not you making a new character, it's you making the same character just over and over again. I can't say this statement anymore than the people around me have already. Lastly, we have to address the last thing. Remember how I just talked about elections and guilds? Do you think someone would vote for a person who would constantly would find themselves stuck in knowing limitations? You think they would be able to make good decisions? Honestly?

This is my first time talking to you seriously General...and I fancy my gift with words. Tell me if you don't understand anything that I'm saying. ))
Back to top Go down
BriniaSona

BriniaSona

Nation : Drifter
Guild : Acadamy
Energy Type : Psionic. Kydarin Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:02 am

Yes most of my character are copies or clones created by another character. I understand all of what you said.

the General - Very low self esteem. Tries to gain a rank of authority to prove that he is best. (like trying to be a hero on Escellsia)

preferred to use technology because he has no real form of energy himself.

Revil - A noble and honorable swordsman who's body and mind are both artificial creation built by the General because the General felt lonely.

Likes to use swords. hense he has like 12 of them.

King Erik - A carbon copy of Gerold built to do his every bidding with only one flaw. He was given reasoning and a human brain which developed and allowed Erik to gain a complex and mind of his own. This mind happened to be one that made him believe he had the right to choose the path of all life forms.

After getting a gift from his creator, he preferred to use that but didnt know how to use it to the fullest.

Alieth/Zsa - Absolute hatred for humans but somehow manages to fit in with them. Loves to drink and have a good time.

As Alieth she liked her dragon techniques and as Zsa she uses twilight conversion.

Jenigatou - Absolutely no relation to any character from my main story line. Jenigatou is a cop dedicated to hunting down criminals. He has no power nor abilities. expect immortality.

a Gun, badge, car and well anything a cop would normally have

Gerold - Part of a race of gods who helped create all life as we know. Gerold had taken to the side of darkness after believing it is better to toy with the creations of his species rather than create them. Even in this sense he still creates them just to toy with them.

Not telling you guys as I have a plan with him.

Faith - Being the thinking side and knowledge side of the General's Quantum computer I think i might make her personality a know it all. She's gonna ask to work with sedgar in hopes she like the General can find a place for herself.

Hero's Shade - Seeing how there are 198 Shades left on Gerolds ship each one contains a different personality style. Most stemming from their clones. the General, Erik, Alley, Unknown and Miles.

BriniaSona - BriniaSona will have personality like that makes him very untalkative and silent. He like Gerold is from a race of gods. But after coming to Escellsia has had his power and abilities stripped from him.
---------------------------------

There is a way to get the General back I was just not saying anything to piss of Skye. But since the General's sword Banriu which contains his soul was not with him at the time. That I had found a loop hole in that. His soul bound sword can still talk and function.

But I doubt anyone here knew of that as much as I hinted to it. The sword is currently at a location unknown and is being held by Gerold. That in which it is given to random Shade's.
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

I actually find some of the characters alright. I don't feel like you should be given nothing to work with. But the point is having a good base and foundation to build up as you rank.

Do remember we have The Order where you can grab other abilities. And also remember that when you join a Nation, you gain that Nation's abilities too. It's really important, that's why joining Nations are a big deal.

There's also something that I notice: you take every chance to look good. You don't seem to understand rankings then; You start below for a reason. Yes, in both forums, Ves and Esc, ranking and stars shows how strong someone is, but in Esc it's also supposed to show how they earned their place into what the rank that they have. I hate to take Xyzstins as an example again, but I notice that Skye and Toctys both have some respect for his roleplaying skills(obvious by their reactions). I asked Skye why yesterday and he told me that even if Xyzstins was downgraded to rank 7, it wouldn't really matter, he'd just work himself back up to whatever rank he wants. WiTh legitimate moves within his rank. It's the skill of a roleplayer that is more worthy than whatever that character is equipped with. So it doesn't matter what rank you are, if you're really that good than that wouldn't even be a set back.

Since now you can't even use the General, you can use other characters. I know how you want to glorify a lot of your characters by making them super characters at the start of the game. But you have to understand, children don't just turn into adults. They have to be teenagers and young adults before they do. It's the same with characters. How do you expect for a character's abilities to develop when they're already that strong? Wouldn't work. Not at all. Sorry, but it won't. We have simple guidelines that follow that.

Some of the problems aren't even the characters themselves, it's how they are used. It's the roleplayer who is determining this, hence why I'm having a one on one talk with you now. As Miles said before, your characters' lives are not yours. Sometimes some of the roleplay here turns personal, but most of it is not. We do place a bit of heart and work into our characters and I understand why someone would be upset over some of them. But throwing a tantrum doesn't help it...it makes it worse. Nor does 'begging for mercy'. It shows how low you would stoop for a fictional character you made in your head. It's not pretty to see to see cowardice as that.

You don't seem to be in control of yourself, but in order to be on this site, you have to be. I'm not saying this to you, but saying overall ANYONE who comes in Esc with an issue on controlling their character's abilities, knowing limitations and always being on top (and are NOT willing to learn) do not belong here. I don't like to say that but it's true. It ends up being a hassle to the community.

Last edited by Alyss Frey on Wed May 12, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abari Yatsutoru
Thane of the Province of Kiez
Thane of the Province of Kiez
Abari Yatsutoru

Nation : Province of Kiez
Guild : The Acadamy
Energy Type : Reiatsu, Kiddo, Navitas, Soulforce

Character sheet
Race: Shinigami/Shrew

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:59 am

((I wanted to say something about the general with my first fight against you. You critised my abilites because of rank by saying that theres no way in hell a mere 5th rank can possibly stop your greatest move with a defensive like barrier couldnt be possible. I've blocked peoples moves with that same move with people of your same rank and who are far stronger then you and they had no objection to it. But if i were to stay in the ranking laws of a 5th rank what gives you the right to say you have the defennse of someone of a 2nd rank when that would e out of your ranking rights so to say. This may or may not make since but thats something i wanted to say.))
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:18 am

((I have a few tips for you on notepad if you want to take them into account as well. Tell me if you want them. I'll end up having to analyze some of your fights if you want more detail, but i have some good surface points.))
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

(i wouldn't tell him this massive list all at once. think of general as a new employee to a store. do the employers tell him this massive list of what needs to be done and expect him to remember all of it? no and if they do that is wrong. you tell the trainee small amounts of tips and once they've learned those tips you tell them more so you don't overload them with information. so let's start with what was told already and i will put it in point form

-don't freak out if a character dies (at minimum not publicly on the forums at least)
-accept low level powers with 7th rank characters
-don't argue certain facts just so you look better in combat
-have variety in characters
-don't antagonize others
-don't try to hard

and thats all for now. and for now i think it's best you let these 4 points sink in then when he has the idea give him more pointers later)
Back to top Go down
Susanoo
General of the Sunlit Kingdom
General of the Sunlit Kingdom
Susanoo

Rep. : 1
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Soul Energy

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:50 am

Umm...I don't think I've fought you, not with Susan at least. Ise, probably, I can't remember, but thats thing...the fight was not memorable. I've been observing a few of your fights and have noticed a certain lack of discipline and otherwise patience in the way you post. The whole RP process is a give and take scenario. Thus its highly recommended that certain amount of respect goes into each others characters. If you get hit, you get hit. That doesn't mean you can't strike back but it surely doesn't mean you can strike back with a force exponentially greater than one possess. Thats a piggyback on Abari's post.

In regards to death...I've only really ever had 2 characters. I invested of lot of time and story into both my characters, sadly one died. It definitely wasn't what expected to happen cuz I died on bogus chance but whatever. Susan has died before...kinda, but its due to how my character relates to this universe and the positions and situations he is put in that determines survival. Don't chase after a fight you can't win and don't antagonize others or you might lose a character. Things could be A LOT worse. Vescrutia/Nightmare wasn't nearly as diplomatic as we are. lol

my 2 cents...
Back to top Go down
Tatsui Suou
Shrew of the Province of Kiez
Shrew of the Province of Kiez
Tatsui Suou

Nation : Province of Kiez
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Reiatsu, Navitas, Medium Leveled Magick

Character sheet
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:52 am

I like the fact that this is at least public...people have put in their opinions and tips..its helpful, thanks everyone. <3
Back to top Go down
Miles Seiler
Miles Seiler

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am

(susanoo i appreciate your polite manner when delivering advice but if you overload him with information he wont retain any of it. it's best he has time to learn what i summarized in point form and once he has that in mind he is told some more advice just incase i am locking this thread and unlocking it once he has got the idea of the current tips but as a courtesy i will add your tip to the list)
Back to top Go down
Gig
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Gig

Nation : Fuck nations
Guild : No interest
Energy Type : Nanobots, Electromagnetic energy, Fission and Fusion Reactions

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:55 am

my only advice to you is to not try and be god with your characters, and also to avoid pissing people off...those are tips to avoid death

my main thing is to just don't try to hard to be given respect, just earn it over time...if you're good you don't have to work hard to gain respect, or in some cases be feared...you seem to put yourself into everything there is for the fame and glory...you have even want to take over the Depths (without actually doing anything to deserve it) just take your time and slow things down dude.

(also i agree with everyone else on this topic...at least for the parts that i read.)
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Alyss Frey

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm

I guess this is going on lock, so uhh...I'll leave it like that since an admin seems to find it appropriate. I suppose these are still just tips for the General to look at. Ja. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills   (Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Tips for Sucsess) Betting the General's Rp Skills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escellsia :: North - Akroma :: Frozen Mountains-
Jump to: