Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

This Has Really Been Buggin Me

Go down 
+8
Inari
Linnea Redhunt
William
Susanoo
Kimichi
Lucius Blackthorn
Chizuni
Sadi D
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadi D
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Sadi D

Rep. : 3
Guild : The Academy
Energy Type : Chakra

This Has Really Been Buggin Me Empty
PostSubject: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 am

So like, for some reason I brought this up on the car ride home today and my mom and dad gave me some bs response. So, Im'ma ask ya'll~. What's so wrong with eating cats and dogs? Like, people keep cats and dogs and pets as well as chickens and pigs. If you eat dog, people will be all like "OMGWTFBBQ!! :O", but it's totally cool to eat chicken. I'm not saying I support eating Mittens or Fido (not saying I don't support it either), but I wanna know what's the diff. Why is eating a cat or dog such a bad thing? Meat is meat ain't it?
Back to top Go down
Chizuni
Kage of the Swamps
Kage of the Swamps
Chizuni

Rep. : 1
Nation : Village Hidden in the Swamps

Character sheet
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 am

People don't go around hugging and kissing their chickens and pigs as far as I know.....O.o....if they did, then I don't understand why either....guess their more emotionally attached to them....?
Back to top Go down
Lucius Blackthorn
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Lucius Blackthorn

Rep. : 0
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Divinity

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 am

It's all about societal standards; people have emotional attachments to commonly domesticated animals like dogs, cats, canaries and goldfish and whatever else. I'll admit to that too, I can't say I approve of eating these particular species, simply for the fact that I see them as higher forms of life than say, pigs or chickens. Why? That's the way my society and upbringing has gotten me to think.

tl;dr, we're racist towards animals too. o.o
Back to top Go down
Kimichi
Brawler of the Depths
Brawler of the Depths
Kimichi

Rep. : 2
Nation : Citadel Risen from the Depths
Energy Type : Chakra?

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:38 am

Id tend to agree with what both Chizuni and Lucy said. Although I dont necessarily see whats wrong with eating such animals if you have nothing else to eat. I mean, I guess you can choose to eat cat over chicken, but Im not really sure why...

This is kinda related to the Pokemon thing LUCIUS. Why cant I let my griffin eat Pokemon? Its the same as eating a cat or a dog. Perfectly acceptable in some societies, and no real big difference between animals accept for societal standards.
Back to top Go down
Susanoo
General of the Sunlit Kingdom
General of the Sunlit Kingdom
Susanoo

Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Energy Type : Soul Energy

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:53 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating cats or dogs. The only reason people think that way is because we live here...in America. A place that tends to place its on values above anyone else in the world with a complete disregard for everyone elses's cultural differences. The Indian people(of India) don't eat cows because they see it as a sacred animal...does that mean we are in the wrong? It shouldn't. Therefore how dare anyone else pick and choose what another person eats? Is eating dolphins and whales bad? According to PETA it is, they've been picking on Japan for the longest but somehow fail to realize a lot of other different people eat the same damn thing. :/
Back to top Go down
William
Squire of the Sunlit Kingdom
Squire of the Sunlit Kingdom
William

Guild : The Covenant
Energy Type : Materia Energy

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 pm

China has 1/4th the earth population. If they all do it it cant be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Linnea Redhunt
Page of the Sunlit Kingdom
Linnea Redhunt

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Lawl, why this topic. Funny.

Half this is social standards and the other half is because America are filled with "opinion is higher than thou" types.

We see this behavior even in history, where our opinions imposed upon other nations and people overruled them. The point is, once a group of people say "This is unacceptable/disgusting!" and everyone is like "omgrosslol". And hence, stereotypes are born. =D For some reason, in the Philippines they eat all types of incests, and people don't throw PETA at them, they just go "EW WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT". People who eat incests are actually 50 times more common than people who eat cats and dogs I'm pretty damn sure, but they don't get a bad rap...>>

I won't get too offended with General's comment, lmao, though Rai was all "Wtf...okay thanks you dick", because the comment has a point. Somewhere along those lines.

If China does eat dogs and cats, and I'm sure in certain regions, then it's because they're too poor to have pets in the first place. They are simple people. They have things they have "Things to eat" and "Things not to eat":

Things to eat: meat, milk, eggs, bread, vegetables, fruit

Things not to eat: dirt, plates, tractor, floor, bed, people (sometimes) :3

NIGAHIGA: TEEHEE~
Back to top Go down
Inari
Drifter, 6th Rank
Drifter, 6th Rank
Inari

Guild : The Covenant

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 2:55 pm

China dos not eat cats or dogs that was a myth proven wrong.
an why would you eat a dog when a dog can catch or help you hunt for food. a cat well go ahead eat the pussy.... but geting it to hold still is another question
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Sadi D

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Um...I just wanna say, when I made this topic, I really wun tryin to offend anyone. I was just tired of hearing really rude/stereotypical comments on the topic. So if I did, mea culpa. ._.

Anyways, as far as Asian countries go, the only I know for a fact that eats cats/dogs is Vietnam, but that's beside point. Moving on, I get people feel guilty about eating what they may consider a family friend and there are emotional attachments to those species, but what about opossums, raccoons, and squirrels? If you eat one of those you get the same reaction, but those aren't beloved or cherished animals. In fact, they're pests. You'd think people would love to see them gone.
Back to top Go down
Kimichi
Brawler of the Depths
Brawler of the Depths
Kimichi

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:54 pm

I wouldnt have much of a problem eating squirrel. Id imagine it to be a bit chewy though. Perhaps its because theyre cute and fuzzy, even if theyre annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sadi D
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Drifter, 3rd Rank
Sadi D

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:58 pm

I was watching Bizarre Foods when Andrew was down on the Gulf Coast (Louisiana over to Florida) and there was a guy who was like an expert squirrel shooter. Like the way he prepared it actually looked pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
Kimichi
Brawler of the Depths
Brawler of the Depths
Kimichi

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Deep South would do that... xD. And yeah, I believe you, it probably would be good, if you found someone who knew how to cook it right.
Back to top Go down
Rozalyn
Supreme Flame of the Depths
Rozalyn

Rep. : 8
Energy Type : Tenrai Energy

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Humans are complicated things that don't know what they want. A legion of hypocrites. xP But seriously, in my opinion on this, I would have to say it all depends on power and dominance when it comes down to it. Back in the 1400's and such why did they hunt buffalo and boars/pigs instead of wolves and big cats (since many little cats weren't around back then) ? Its because Buffalo were mainly scared of the humans so they would flee most of the time instead of fight back, while if you try to hunt a wolve or cougar, they'll kill your ass. Like Susanoo said, dogs and cats are higher on the food chain and I would assume people held more respect for them because of that, therefore they don't eat cats and dogs. Instead they'll eat the weaker animals like, well, animals do. .-. And I think out of that respect for these cats and dogs some societies would disown other societies if they were to eat the animals they "respected".
Back to top Go down
Felicity Cross
Vanquisher of the Depths
Vanquisher of the Depths
Felicity Cross

Energy Type : FEAR / VOODOO :D

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:04 pm

To make something random yet of this topic....my friends brother was tricked to eating dog, but he thought it beef until it was too late....poor thing turned vegetarian afterwards.....grandparents know how to trick people now-a-days 8D
Back to top Go down
Linnea Redhunt
Linnea Redhunt

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:27 am

Sadi D wrote:
Moving on, I get people feel guilty about eating what they may consider a family friend and there are emotional attachments to those species, but what about opossums, raccoons, and squirrels? If you eat one of those you get the same reaction, but those aren't beloved or cherished animals. In fact, they're pests. You'd think people would love to see them gone.

Exactly they're PESTS. They're the same as I said before, people eat incests and think that is utterly disgusting. People eat maggots and I feel like I want to throw up. These animals have one thing in common for sure. You always see raccoons and opossums eating from garbage cans, the scavengers. They can eat rotten food at times, digesting the grossest crap you can imagine. Squirrels are related to rats (a teacher of mine who is SEVERELY scared of rats said squirrels are the same to her) and rats are also a species we reel back from.

Thinking of it like this, I don't think anyone wants to munch something that eats garbage everyday from my neighbor's yard.
Back to top Go down
Rozalyn
Rozalyn

Rep. : 8
Energy Type : Tenrai Energy

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Linnea Redhunt wrote:
Sadi D wrote:
Moving on, I get people feel guilty about eating what they may consider a family friend and there are emotional attachments to those species, but what about opossums, raccoons, and squirrels? If you eat one of those you get the same reaction, but those aren't beloved or cherished animals. In fact, they're pests. You'd think people would love to see them gone.

Exactly they're PESTS. They're the same as I said before, people eat incests and think that is utterly disgusting. People eat maggots and I feel like I want to throw up. These animals have one thing in common for sure. You always see raccoons and opossums eating from garbage cans, the scavengers. They can eat rotten food at times, digesting the grossest crap you can imagine. Squirrels are related to rats (a teacher of mine who is SEVERELY scared of rats said squirrels are the same to her) and rats are also a species we reel back from.

Thinking of it like this, I don't think anyone wants to munch something that eats garbage everyday from my neighbor's yard.

I think the word you were looking for was grotesque. :]
Back to top Go down
BlackBlade
Genin of the Swamps
Genin of the Swamps
BlackBlade

Nation : ex-resident of the village in the swamps
Guild : ex-member of the academy
Energy Type : demonic

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:29 pm

ahh but lets give a scenario here let's say the food in the place is exhausted and you are starving and you have a cat/dog what would you do? (btw i am a pet lover infact i have two pet cats and a pet dog but this is a last resort kinda thing he points out with the eating cats and dogs)

on a side note MANswers did a question similar to this

"if you had to eat a dog or cat which one has more protein?"

i'd like to hear some opinions on what the answer is XD
Back to top Go down
Zennyth
Drifter, 7th Rank
Drifter, 7th Rank
Zennyth

Energy Type : Magic

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 pm

XDDDDDDDDD

Well, what size is the dog, Blackblade?

I think we frown upon the eating of cats or dogs because it's just so... WEIRD... to us North Americans. I mean, really? Anything strange is usually discriminated against, simply because it's not usual. That's just the way humans are.. :/
Back to top Go down
BlackBlade
Genin of the Swamps
Genin of the Swamps
BlackBlade

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:12 pm

average dog but i'll give you a hint the size of the dog does not matter in the answer i'm talking pound for pound which animal cat or dog has more protein
Back to top Go down
Zennyth
Drifter, 7th Rank
Drifter, 7th Rank
Zennyth

Energy Type : Magic

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Ah, pound for pound? Hmmm... Dunno.... It would have to depend on the animal, I suppose... But I'm guessing cat. >>
Back to top Go down
BlackBlade
Genin of the Swamps
Genin of the Swamps
BlackBlade

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 pm

correct! XD neway back on topic dogs and cats to me are primarily pets but in the situation i stated before i would literally be torn between dying from starvation or cooking them as gruesome as it sounds
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Has Really Been Buggin Me   This Has Really Been Buggin Me I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Has Really Been Buggin Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escellsia :: General Discussion :: Spam-
Jump to: