Escellsia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escellsia

A realm both vast and mysterious, largely unexplored by the people who inhabit it. While Guilds build men into masters and Nations continue their disputes, one would be a fool to assume that it is Kings who rule these lands...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
And That's a Wrap
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:18 am by Kami
This website is now officially closed. All topics must be finished, and all character must register on the New Website All ranking exams will be finished and ranked by a seperate proctor, and all money will be reset to $200 for everyone in order to make way for the new currency system, coming soon.

Comments: 0
Your Site-Moving Questions, Answered~!
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm by Kami
We've been getting a good amount of questions regarding the move and the time skip that the move will created for all characters. So here are a few general questions, along with their answers, and of course feel free to post any more concerns you have here.

Q: What abilities or weapons will we be able to add or expand on?
A: Not a whole lot, honestly. I'd say a few improvements on what you already have, but not by a lot, as well as maybe one or two new techniques. Let's not do a major overhaul, because that would then disrupt your rank, which will not change in the move. As for weapons, …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 12
Latest topics
» ゴルフグリップのヒント
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 am

» 冬ゴルフスポーツ
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby Mangum16 Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:57 am

» Just get a gift--Zebra mask
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:48 pm

» Do you want this gift---unicorn head mask ?
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:20 am

» Funny horse head mask famous by the popular Gangnam Style
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:27 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 am

» Horse head mask show
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» creepy horse head mask
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 am

» horse mask
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» My favourite horse head mask
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby landing Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 am

» Where did your username come from?
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby Marija Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 am

» F4 phantom
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm

» Google Android Wi-Fi Tablet PC -P711
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Wed May 23, 2012 3:55 am

» Best Android Tablet P724 For Replacing Your Notebook
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby hello4grouter Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

» Mikoyan MiG-35
Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeby mrblack0301 Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 63 on Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:34 pm
Affiliates

Im here....with an suggestion....

Go down 
+3
Jecht
Taz
Falx
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falx
Sentinel of the Province of Keiz :: Guardian of the Province of Keiz
Falx

Rep. : 1
Nation : Province of Kiez
Guild : The Creed
Energy Type : Navitas, Chakra

Character sheet
Race: Shrew

Im here....with an suggestion.... Empty
PostSubject: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 pm

HI!!!!

Ok, I talked this over with Lu, but never in much detail, so I'll explain here, but I had an idea as far as a sub-theme for the site. Its based on a book Im currently writing. I'll give my ideas in a next post since it might take alot of writing.....and bare with me.....this book of mine is still being fine-tuned, so the race ideas are still a bit shakey.....
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 pm

Ok, here goes the idea....give me feedback when Im done please....and this could be a idea for just a section/village thingy....or for the site in general....

............THE IDEA APPEARS!!!!!................

((Ok, Im going to leave a awkward pause, and just give you the prelude to my story/soon to be novel, and then we can twist and turn it from there.....))

_____Insert name here (my story)_____

Explination: (where do I even begin....?)

Ok, I'll start with the beginning.....The entire universe is divided into sections, call dimensions. Each dimension has a star and a plant(s) (if there is more than one, then only one has life on it, usually). Each dimension/planet has humans/mortal life dominating it (again usually). Now, as I mentioned humans/mortals, there are also three categories of life living in the different dimensions. Mortals, Semi-mortals, and Immortals.

Mortals are normally humans, or sub-humans that are easy to kill, can be killed by anything, and when killed soul is taken to the underworld.

Semi-mortals are beings who are only able to be killed by satesfying (sp, in a hurry) certain conditions (like you can only kill a vampire by doing blah, blah, blah.....)

Immortals are beings who, although they are called "immortal" are not really "immortal" (there is only one race in which is "immortal" in my story, techniquely...) These beings can be killed, although its extremely difficult. If one was to be killed, their soul would be sucked back to it place of origin (usually a dimension) where it would be slowly reincarnated over a period of time into a new body. The more powerful the being was, the long it takes for the process....

Ok now, as I said before, there is only 1 race with is "immortal" in my story. They are called Shrews (dont be goin around thinking about those cute fuzzy animals that are like....tiny) Shrews have the purpose of perserving and protecting all of the other dimensions. They have their own dimension which is called Keiz. Keiz is the place of a shrews origin, which means thats where their soul will return instantly when their body is destroyed. Shrews however do not dominate the other dimensions, but are suppose to keep the human/mortal race which lives there the dominate race.

The powers in my story circle around 15 different divisions, called Studys. There is two sub-divisions of the Studys. Sciences and Philosophies. There are 7 Sciences, and 8 Philosophies. Sciences are study and/or control over the natural world, its laws, etc. Philosophies are based around things inwhich science cannot prove or explain, kinda like magic.

Each race has a different ability to study or control the different Studys. Shrew have the ability to control them all, but only have a extreme power over 4 of them. Humans have no control over them at all. other mortals and Semi-mortals have limit control or access over these (usually limited to 3 or less, depending).

Now....im not sure if any of you like where this is going right now, but I was going to go into my story plot.....if you want, so you can see how all this is tied in together. If want me to stop then please say so, otherwise, I'll keep going and explain the Studys in detail, and give some of my plot to my story line.....
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 am

awkward silence...

(this is where you come in, and say "hey Kama, this totally sucks" or "hey, Kama, I like the idea, please continue....not trying to be rude or pushy...I just need feedback please...) Smile
Back to top Go down
Taz
Journeyman of the Sunlit Kingdom
Taz

Rep. : 11
Nation : Sunlit Kingdom
Guild : The Covenant

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:10 am

Was waiting for Skye, honestly... .-.
Cause you already know what I think :3
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:14 am

Gee, thats funny, I was waiting for him too..... lol! Im glad you think that too.....
Back to top Go down
Jecht
Drifter, 4th Rank
Drifter, 4th Rank
Jecht

Rep. : 0
Guild : The Academy
Energy Type : Soul Energy

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am

I like it :] but I'm not lulubell, so we continue to wait.
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:24 am

YEAH!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

I dont care if your lubell or not, you like it.... cheers !!!!!!

now.......where is he.....

(sorry, I have lots of energy, and am very bored, which makes extremely expressive posts....XD)
Back to top Go down
Jecht
Drifter, 4th Rank
Drifter, 4th Rank
Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:27 am

Don't worry. nothing wrong with being happy late at light....NIGHT, I MEAN NIGHT. >> As long as you don't get too "happy" if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:30 am

understood.....

and it is light in china..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jecht
Drifter, 4th Rank
Drifter, 4th Rank
Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:32 am

I wanna go to china, or japan, preferably japan...lucky Inari >>
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:38 am

Yeah, I know....Japan, Hawaii, Egypt, and Ireland/Scotland are my destinations.....
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
King of the Sunlit Kingdom
Skye Silverclaw

Rep. : 14
Energy Type : Solar

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 am

Um, continue please, I do wanna see where this is going o.o
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Queen of the Sunlit Kingdom
Alyss Frey

Rep. : 6

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:47 am

I like many of the concepts. I had to read it outloud because I was very intimidated by the whole gigantic paragraph, but it sounds like a good story. I like the set up of Studies. However how you're going to implement this my question for you. We can't just lay this whole idea onto the site. It'll be a bit complicated and we'll probably have to work at it.

Your call Lucius. How we're going to put it through the sifter, I don't know. It's like trying to contain and compact an elephant in a rubix cube. (A bit extreme and sounded like nonsense, but you get what I mean )
Back to top Go down
Taz
Taz

Rep. : 11

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:03 am

Different angles of the elephant of different sides of the cube? o.o

It may be a bit complicated to impliment, but I think theres a way to simplfy it a bit to ba able to make it a nation or such. As my brain recovers from shock, Ill come up with something overly simple that makes sense. xD
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 am

Ok...at least I have you interested....

uh, lets see, ah yes....

Now, the main plot for my story is centered around the dimension and planet of Earth (wow). Earth is still dominated by humans, for the most part. Now, Humans have in the past worshipped the Shrews as gods (Zeus, Hades, Poseidon are a few to mention, yes they were Shrews...) but now since a certain time, have almost forgotten about them. Before this certain time, there was a conflict with another race, which was trying to take over earth......

(here I go into the history of the Shrewish Race)

Once, there were only Shrews, just them, preserving the dimensions, and going about their lives, normally. But then, it so happened that a difference come upon them. An Entity, called The Light, was in the middle of this difference. Some Shrews Believed that they were destined to serve The Light, some thought that The Light was nothing more than a fairy tale, and the rest were neutral, believeing it existed, but shrews were not suppose to serve it directly. The difference soon become a war, a war that covered all dimensions, far and wide. The group that believed they were to serve The Light became known as Paragons, beings of pure light themselves. the opposing side became known as Eclipses, beings of surpreme darkness and shadow. The neutral side stayed Shrews. However, the war between the Paragons, and the Eclipses lasted shortly, and ended with the Paragons disappearing mystiriously. That is when the Eclipses started to take over dimensions. Well, since the neutral side, Shrews, were to guard the dimensions from harm, as well as their natives, they started to fight, and the second tide of war began. After a few centuries of fighting, an epic battle took place in a dimension which planets had been blown to nothing more than astroids. There, A Shrew, and an Eclipse battled it out, and it ended in a dual-kill. Their swords, which I will get into later, each weakended, and both of them were blown apart, never to be seen again.

Eclipses shrank into a dimension for awhile, until they started attacking again, this time, moving from dimension to dimension, taking each one over, and destroying its star.

One of the main characters, Ezekiel, is a shrew of a higher level, is a White Shrew, which is a certain title given for certain reasons, of a dimension known as Rytas. His dimension, Rytas, the one he was guarding, was taken over by the Eclipses, and its star was turned black. He fled, and after visiting Keiz, came to earth. Once on earth, Ecilpses began to appear, and after a 700 year war, the Eclipses were driven back, and sealed into their own dimension so that they could not escape it.

The actual book begins as the seal on the eclipses dimension leaks, letting a few eclipses onto earth, who start to cause chaos all over on major cities and empires.

Now, Im going into all the different Studys that are in the story, I'll give the name, and a brief discription of each....

15 Studys

7 Sciences, 8 Philosophies....

Sciences (these will seem obivous)

Biology: Power over living things, cells, etc. Can manipulate poison, heal, summon plants and animals to aid, etc.

Geology: Power over the earth, minerals, heat, flame, etc. Can control earth, dirt, mud, fire, crystals, etc.

Meteorology: Power over the weather. Controls lightning, wind, rain, ice, snow, etc.

Oceanography: Power over water, marine animals, and plants, etc.

Astronomy: Control over Starfire, Blackholes, Meterites. reading the planets, (astrology) too...etc (this one is a fuzzy area...)

Chemistry: Control over Periodic Elements, chemicals, chemical reactions, etc...

Physics: Matter control, power over laws of nature, gravity, friction, etc.

Philosophies (these will be less obivous, but some you might recognize)

Necromancy: Power over the dead, spirits, wards, Soulforce (what spiritual energy is called in my story), etc.

Teliology: Power over reality, the mind, telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, etc.

Mysticism: Power over holy energies, light, Photogess (light energies in my story) (Paragons main powers)

Occlutiology: Power over darkness, evil, Shaddow (shadow energy in my story) (Eclipses main power)

Chronology: Power over speed, and slowing and speeding up of time for self, or small for others..etc.

Gaianology: Power over Natural Earth Elements: Water, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Wood.

Fortuneology: Power over fortune, and Luck Energy (this will explained later, as Im not exactly sure of its total abilities yet...) Basicly better potential at things.....

Animaliology: Greater power over animals, so that one can even create them out of other things. Also grants connection with Annepits.

SO those are the Studys, and thats the history and storyline plot. Oh one more thing too...

Within the universe, there are philosophical weapons, and items that give the owner advancements, called Artifacts. An artifact can be almost anything. It provides with different abilities, wether granting them to the carrier, or having them on their own. Artifacts usually augment the powers, Studys of the Shrews, who use them the most, but they can have powers different from them too. They mainly fall as the main weapons for the Shrews, who's melee weapons are usually artifacts. Each Shrew has an artifact, one that was created at their birth, that reflects on them, and their powers.

ok, thats it in a nut shell.....if you have any questions, I will answer them to the best of my ability, as it isn't clear all for me yet either.....and please also tell me if you still like it or not.....

(Edit)

I just read two more of your responses, and yes, since this is my book, it will be complicated, and even more when you read this.....but basicly you have someone start out as a mortal, who then can become one of the Semi-mortal races, which one of them then can become Shrews.....(yes there is a way in the story for someone to become a shrew) Or we could just have someone be a new born shrew, who has only one of their Studys....

Last edited by Kama on Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a Philosophy that I forgot....)
Back to top Go down
Alyss Frey
Alyss Frey

Rep. : 6

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:24 am

I love the Studies and mastery of em. Though...why would one want to be a human then? ^^;; You wouldn't have access to any of the studies or philosophies.

I really like it though Kama. It's really creative and if anything, this is a world that would have to be condensed into a nation. It's similar to making a 3D game into a 2D game; Planets would be forums, the forums would expand in subforums, those being major places in that planet, and then you have the thread in that major place. It'll take a day or two to do completely, but we will try our best to help. Razz
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah, the whole thing would have to be condensed from several universes to one large city at most.. Dimensions would have to be condensed into regions, planets into smaller sections, etc. There also has to be some way to trade off semi-immortality of the Shrews so that everyone and their 5th cousin doesn't decide to become one just so they can't die. Would you be alright with that?
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:37 am

Cool.....thanks Alyss.

Um Im not sure totally sure, but I have an idea. Nation would be called Keiz. Person who would want to be part of the nation would start as a new born shrew, since they are born fully grown. They have access to 2 studys of their choice. From there, they can go on to learn and master the others. The first 4 studys that they learn are going to be their main abilities, and these Studys they are going to have the most control over, appossed to their 5th, 6th, etc..... I guess that they would start out with only their Relic...Oh I forgot to mention that too

A Relic is a Shrews first artifact, I think I said it before, it appears when they are born, and reflects their different abilities...

All other artifacts will have to be found....

There are also Shrew "ranks" or categories depending on how many Studys they have mastered.

Shrew: one is known simply as a Shrew for the first 6 Studys that they learn.

Thane: Thanes are Shrews with 7 Studys

Thane Shrew: 8 Studys

Sentinels: 9

Sentinel Shrew: 10

Harbinger: 11

Harbinger Shrew: 12

Titan: 13

Titan Shrew: 14

Hesperx: 15. When a Shrew learns and masters all of the Studys, they are no longer called a Shrew, but instead called a Hesperx. Hesperxes are usually not welcome by the other Shrews, who see them as a threat more than anything else, but thats in my story, so not necessarily here Very Happy .

I just looked at that, and thought of how confusing it might be, so I'll Shorten it....

Shrew: 1-6 Studys

Thane: 7-8

Sentinel: 9-10

Harbinger: 11-12

Titan: 13-14

Hesperx: 15

Thats a little better....

Ok, I guess we are waiting for Skye again....but if anyone else has something to add, please do....

(Edit)

Ok read what you posted...and Yes that would be fine to put it into a city. It could just be the main base for Shrews in this dimension....

And with the mortallity thing, a shrew can die techniquely......its just when their body is destroyed, their soul appears on Keiz, and starts to reincarnate, but very slowly. The more powerful the Shrew the longer it takes. Like a new born shrew would take at least a year to reincarnate......so someone at a very high level could take like hundreds or thousands of years.....but yes I see your point.....we can do whatever works for you guys.....
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:43 am

That's actually a really good idea; maybe also make it so that any human or other race who decides to join would have to be converted into a Shrew somehow, at the cost of their rank back to level 1 or something. I also love that you have different ranks for the nation as well; just add one more to those six and you'll be set for your nation's rank titles. (If you didn't read the rule thread about ranks here, do so~)

With the whole death thing, I was considering doing a major overhaul on it to make it more fair on the people who're killed simply for no reason anyway.. so perhaps the long recovery thing after a body is destroyed could work in nicely.
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:50 am

Im glad you like both.....Um here I'll put more up....

Shrew:1-4

Evoker: 5-6

Thane: 7-8

Sentinel: 9-10

Harbinger: 11-12

Titan: 13-14

Hesperx: 15

That looks good, that way, a Shrew, as a Rank, will have to have all your main Studys before you can rank up out of that rank.....

And, yeah thats what I was thinking, if you were killed after just being born, there is a chance in the future for you to come back.....
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:54 am

Ah, one other thing about the ranks though. Since ranking exams are now done by guilds instead of the nations, could the amount of studies they have only make them eligible for taking the exam to rank up to the next level?
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:00 am

Sure.....or we could have it like this....

I start out as a Shrew. I have up to 4 Studys, but no more. I rank up, to say, Thane. Im now allowed to learn more Studys up to 8, etc, etc....

Does that sound right, it makes the rank have a cap, so you cant just be a Shrew forever, and keep learning new Studys, you have to rank up first.....?
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:08 am

That works, actually, quite nicely o.o

Okay, next few steps (this goes for you too Jace) are to find an image to represent your Nation and some idea of what your ranking stars should look like.
Back to top Go down
Falx
Falx

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:14 am

Oh, goody, I'll have to start searching then......

BTW, where did you get the other covenant, and the other ones...?

And dont they give you examples......like different ones to choose from....in the admin thingy....?
Back to top Go down
Skye Silverclaw
Skye Silverclaw

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:15 am

Well they do, but we still have plenty of resources to make completely custom stars to fit the nation better. I found the originals for those banners on deviantart.com ; just search around there and you should hit something~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im here....with an suggestion....   Im here....with an suggestion.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Im here....with an suggestion....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Escellsia :: Important Stuff :: Suggestions-
Jump to: